One More Star
Everyone has some tools of the trade available to them right out the gate. The 4th XF provides a substantial amount of useful things as standard issue, and people surely have personal effects to consider as well. All characters begin with the following things to start:
- Vanguard Service Pistol (2-harm close)
- Vanguard Service Armor (1-armor)
- A personal netlink (functionally your space smartphone, with which you can communicate, transfer data, interface with the standard technology used by most known civilizations, and perform various and sundry simple functions)
- 1-resources in starting credit, favor, and goodwill from your contacts and employers
- Four additional items of your choice. These four additional items are defined by you, the player – maybe it’s “a battered old CK-11 assault rifle from the Saelann Wars”, or “a kickass new personal shield generator”, or “a priceless locket passed down all the way from Old Earth”. Things you might consider taking:
- Additional weapons or armor.
- Medical, survival, or field supplies of various sorts.
- Trinkets and curios (that could prove very valuable as trade stock.)
- Useful gadgets or tools. Everyone needs a hydrospanner!
- Valuable secret information about someone or something…
- Extra money/favors/goodwill! You can trade your item allotment for Resources, one for one.