One More Star
Lt. Commander Aldous Monroe
A Laid Back Officer
Command: When you lead a gang into battle, roll+Cool. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On your turn, you can spend your hold 1 for 1 to make your gang…
- Make a hard advance
- Stand strong against a hard advance
- Make an organized retreat
- Show mercy to a defeated enemy
- Fight and die to the last
Squad Leader: When leading a gang in battle, your gang counts as though it were one size larger than it actually is.
You look at every situation with a tactical eye, and are commonly prepared for most surprises. When you declare retroactively that you’ve already set something up, roll
+Sharp. On a 10+ it’s just as you say. On a 7-9, you set it up but here at the crucial moment the GM can introduce some hitch or delay. On a miss, you set it up, but since then things you don’t know about have seriously changed.
Contact Network: You have developed an extensive network of allies and contacts who can provide help or resources in a pinch. At the beginning of the session, or as soon thereafter as you are in a position to do so, you may contact your network and roll+Hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. You may spend your hold anytime during that session, 1 for 1, to:
- Get something done: find one or more contacts to accomplish an off-screen task
- Lean on someone: convince a character as if you’d rolled a 10+ on seduce or manipulate
- Gather Intel: learn something about a subject as if you’d rolled a 10+ on consult training
- Analyze Intel: gain access to the insight peripheral move for one course of action
- Gather Resources: gain resources, or an item worth resources, equal to hold spent. The resources or item arrives at the end of the session.
On a miss, your network needs a favor in return. Lose access to this move until you satisfy them.
Deus Ex Machina: At the beginning of the session, roll+Hot. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7-9, hold 1. You may spend your hold 1 for 1 to get an automatic result of 10+ on apply pressure or seize by force.
MACO Squad: 3-harm medium 2-armor 4-shields
Lax, drink and brag
Palomician service rifle (3-harm close personal)
Palomician personal shields (1-shield)
Vanguard Service Pistol (2-harm close)
Vanguard Service Armor (1-armor)
Battered MACO armor (2-armor)
A personal netlink
Commendation of Valor
Blackmail on Admiral Williams and others in his chain of command
Assorted luxury goods (fine liquors, cigars, etc.)
Kyle Morgan: +2
- got drunk and spilled secrets to Kyle
Ritva Sokolov: +2
- saved my life
Elise Clancy: 0
- gave me a small favor at a critical time
Jean Libertad: +3
(Owes me a secret)
- I did him a favor
X O O O O
__ +1 Cool (Max +3)
X +1 Hard (Max +3) (new gang option +4 shields)
__ +1 Hot (Max +3)
X +1 Sharp (Max +3)
X +1 Will (Max +3) (new gang option +1 harm)
X Learn a new move from your Specialty list (Squad Leader)
X Learn a new move from your Specialty list (Tactical Acumen)
__ Learn a new move from the Personal list (Daredevil)
__ Learn a new move from the Personal list (Dangerously Sexy)
__ Learn a new move from any list (Fingers in Every Pie)
__ +1 to any stat (Max +3)
__ Create a second character
__ Retire your character to safety
__ Remove a debility
X Choose 2 basic moves and advance them (Consult training, act under fire)
X Choose 2 basic moves and advance them (Read sitch, Read person)
__ Choose 2 basic moves and advance them
__ Choose 2 basic moves and advance them
__ Learn a new move from any list (Keen Eyed)
__ Learn a new move from any list
How did you wind up working with the 4th XF?
Uncle Kramer was pressured to assign me to the 4th to keep me far from High Command and the potential repercussions of knowing embarrassing dirt about certain admirals.
You have at least one ally! Who is s/he?
- Jasmine Reyes: Ex-girlfriend, head xenobiologist on the ship. We’re still friends and on good terms.
- Sgt. Ken Dawson: Head of my MACO squad, was with me on Talago when things went south. Grizzled and hardened, but a good guy.
You have at least one enemy! Who is s/he?
- Admiral Williams: I have embarrassing dirt on him that I stumbled on when going through officer training school. He can’t mess with me directly or it will come out, but he has a tendency to give me dangerous or terrible missions.
- Bill Kress: Jasmine’s current boyfriend. A jealous dick.
Who is your family? Where are they now?
- Uncle Kramer: Admiral on High Command. Tries to counter the influence of Admiral Williams.
- Sarah Monroe: Mother, socialite / philanthropist, bit of a jet-setter
- Lisa Monroe: Sister. Spec/ops, sneaky badass
Whom or what do you love most? Why?
I love creature comforts, good food, good drink, good music, good sex.
Whom or what do you hate most? Why?
I really hate pointless or counterproductive military bullshit. So long as people get the job done, who cares HOW they do it, or if their shoes were sufficiently polished?
Do you want bad candy?
Why yes, yes I do.